If there is one thing we can all agree on, it’s the necessity of cleanliness.
It is the fundamental building block of civilized society, and there is no better way to ensure a clean environment than with an efficient, well-maintained, and well-equipped home.
So it was a shock when a homeowner in Salt Lake City was caught in the act of doing just that, when she installed a water-tight roof vent in her home and left her water heater on for almost two hours on a sunny summer day, leaving her exposed to the elements.
As she recounted her story to The Deseret News, she told the paper she would have “been fine if I had a window that had a crack in it, but that’s not what I had.”
The water heater had a leak, and while she waited for the city to fix it, she took precautions to protect her family and herself.
“I don’t care what people say, I don’t think it matters,” she said.
“If I had known I was going to be out in the cold for two hours, I would have gone to bed.”
She continued, “If you had been out in a freezing rain for an hour, I wouldn’t have gone out with the windows down.”
According to The Salt Lake Tribune, a resident of the area’s northern suburbs also found herself in the same situation, with a leak in her water tank and the water heater overheating and overheating, making her water boil.
The incident was caught on video by a homeowner, and the video went viral.
The video showed the water tank overheating before it leaked.
She then called her local water utility, and after a week, the city began a mandatory six-day inspection, where they confirmed the leaks were caused by a water tank leak and not an electrical leak.
Salt Lake’s city council passed a resolution on Wednesday to install a new water tank in the home, and now the homeowners’ plight will continue to get national attention, as a story in The New York Times on Thursday pointed out.
In the video, which has been shared over 200,000 times, the homeowner told the reporter that she has been a home water user for the past six years and that she knows “what it’s like to have a leak.”
“When I was a kid, my mom would get me a gallon of water and it would be like a joke,” she explained.
“It was just like ‘I’m going to get the best water possible and I’m going go to work tomorrow.'”
She also added that “I was so worried about it that I would go outside to make sure it was not leaking.”
She added, “The water was just so hot, it was boiling my hair off.”
“If we got an emergency,” she continued, with tears in her eyes, “I would be in a bathtub.”
Salt Lake Mayor Jackie Biskupski and the city council voted to install the new water-supply tank in January, after a yearlong inspection.
“We’re glad to see the water is being repaired, but it’s not safe to have water leaks like this,” Biskupski told The Salt Baron.
“This is something that we should all be concerned about.
It’s really not the first time.”
Biskpalski added, in a statement, “This issue is an example of the urgent need to have the city of Salt Lake do a much better job of keeping our homes and neighborhoods clean.”
The video has been viewed over 4.3 million times, with more than 60,000 comments.
“Water leaks are bad, and it’s always been that way,” said one user on YouTube, while another wrote, “How do you expect someone to be able to handle a leak like this?
They can’t even put a hood on their windows?”
“The video is really heartbreaking,” Salt Lake resident Emily L. said in a video posted to YouTube.
“What I think that makes me feel is sad because this happens to me every day, but also like, why did it have to be this way?
There’s not much you can do.”
The woman in the video said that she “can’t believe how people are living like this.”
L. added that she also has her own water-spill issues.
“My main concern is I think people are really putting their water heater and the house at risk,” she wrote.
“And, in my opinion, I think we should not be living like that.
It really makes me sad.”
The city council will now have to decide what measures to take, and whether or not the residents will be fined or fined more.
In a statement posted to Facebook, Biskkupski said, “We are aware of the issue and will take any necessary steps to prevent it from happening again.”
“The city has implemented the recommendations from our city council regarding a water filter and a water heater repair, and we